Related Achievement: N/A
- Is a Tour Permit Required:Yes
- Contact for arrangements: Tony Vassalotti
- Date (Any significant time of year or date): Saturday prior to Thanksgiving** (See details for more)
- Location: Security Storage Warehouse - 15th and King Streets. Parking is available behind the building. Enter from 15th Street.
- Directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=15th+and+King+Streets+wilmington,+de&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=46.677964,81.738281&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1
- Accomodations if overnight: N/A
- How far in advance should arrangements be made: Prior to the October Pack meeting
- Is transportation provided, if so what vendor was used(including contact
- Parent permission slip required: N/A
- Cost to scout / family: N/A
- Does the event benefit a non-profit organization: Yes. Local families that are less fortunate and may not otherwise have a Thanksgiving dinner.
- Web link for more info: N/A
- What forms are required to be submitted by scout(i.e. Ski form): N/A
- Additional Info: We collect donations for this event by having the Pack bring things from the list to the Pack meetings in Oct. and Nov. We then take those donations and help box up all of the food that is collected by the Rotary Club. Donation suggestions: Canned Vegetables, Canned Fruit, Soups, Instant Potatoes, Stuffing Mix, Toys/Childrens books, Snacks / Crackers. The day of the event usually lasts no more than 1.5 hours. It's a great way for the Scouts to see exactly how fortunate they really are and how THEY can help change peoples lives.